Read this article to learn:
- About the current state of the Russian telecoms market
- Which towercos currently operate in Russia and what towers do they own?
- What are Russian MNOs’ attitudes to selling their infrastructure assets?
- The rise and role of Rostelecom in 5G
- How the number of state-backed towercos is growing
A couple of years ago, the Russian tower market was poised to be restructured by large-scale sale and leasebacks. While those processes stalled, Russia’s independent towercos have thrived, building thousands of sites, particularly urban infill lamp posts, and more recently IBS. But as Russia gears up for the race to 5G, Rostelecom is jockeying for…