Read this article to learn:
- Some headline KPIs concerning Airtel’s African towers
- The potential impact of the Airtel tower transaction on the characteristics of Africa’s four biggest PE-backed towercos
- Why American Towers may not be participating in the process
- Differentiating between the assets in ‘frontiersy’ and established tower markets
- A closer look at Tanzania as an example
Airtel’s long rumored sale of all 15,000 of their African towers is nearing completion. Some TMT news outlets have announced the structure of the deal but, having spoken to the CEOs of Africa’s towercos, TowerXchange can confirm that those reports are premature and that the final shape of the transaction is yet to be determined….