Read this article to learn:
- Why Maktech moved from a focus on passive infrastructure installation and maintenance to active
- A proposal for deeper network sharing: from antennae to transmission
- Overcoming the regulatory barriers to active infrastructure sharing
- The potential savings in terms of capex and opex
- How active infrastructure sharing could work in a towerco market
Is active sharing coming to Africa? After a decade of sharing passive infrastructure, Godwin Makyao, the founder of Maktech thinks that sharing active network equipment is the next phase for mobile networks in Africa. African MNOs have limited capex to deploy each year, and have to deal with unreliable power which push up their opex….