Read this article to learn:
- An overview of Guatemalan telecom sector and its dynamics
- Troubles for Tigo and the attempted entrance of Digicel
- The saga of the 2015 telecom tax
- The tower sector: active players, penetration rates and tower counts
- The role of Mario López Estrada in Guatemala’s telecom and tower industry
Guatemala is not an easy country to do business in, with its history of contradictions and civil uprisings. And its telecom sector isn’t free from trouble either. In this article, TowerXchange analyse the current status of the telecom industry with a specific look at its sometimes complex dynamics and interactions with politics and social discontent….