Read this article to learn:
- Comparing towers with fibre, using Crown Castle as exemplar
- Permitting slows the small cell pipeline (again)
- FTTT as a distinct but value-additive opportunity
- Highlights of the small cell strategies of American Tower, Digital Bridge, INWIT, Cellnex, Protelindo and China Tower
- The need for ultra-low latency applications to prove the need for micro data centres at the tower
5G will create new opportunities for tower companies. But many of those opportunities will be outside our comfort zone of building, buying and leasing up macro towers. This article is preoccupied with two 5G opportunities: the opportunity to deploy fibre fed small cells, and the opportunity to co-locate micro data centres at selected cell sites….