Read this article to learn:
- Where the volume of new build will be highest across Africa
- Countries, MNOs and towercos requiring significant investment in cell site energy
- Country-by-country requirements for site upgrade and turnkey infrastructure services
- Expected investment in RMS, access control and site management systems
- Where the most imminent opportunities exist for small cells and DAS deployment
- Who are the leading MNOs, towercos and ESCOs in each country
Significant capex programmes were planned for many African countries during 2020 but were derailed by COVID-19 supply chain disruptions and local lockdowns. Now, with lockdowns eased and the resilience of the telecom supply chain proven, spending is coming back. TowerXchange is expecting a snap back of new tower build and investment in green tech to respond to increased demand for data across Africa. In the longer-term the situation has never been more uncertain, but in the here and now towercos and MNOs have to maintain network availability and boost capacity.
Ahead of the 8th Annual TowerXchange Meetup Africa Borderless coming up on 13-14 October 2020 online, TowerXchange take a deep dive into the sub- Saharan African region, exploring the appetite for passive infrastructure equipment and services in 24 countries. Our guide updates months of interviews and market studies to provide you with a comprehensive overview of where the key opportunities lie for the supplier ecosystem.