Read this article to learn:
- Characteristics of locations suitable for edge data centres
- Comparing the economics of data centres with those of towers and fibre
- What is an edge data centre in terms of space, power, management and security systems?
- Why edge data centres could be co-located at macro cell towers – and where else they could be located
- What is required to drive the need for edge data centres?
We’ve all heard the hyperbole about edge computing, including suggestions that 5G, IoT-enabled use cases will drive data closer to the edge, creating hundreds of edge data centres co-located with cell sites. But what will an edge data centre really consist of? How much power and space will it need? What are kinds of sites…