Read this article to learn:
- How the ground lease aggregation model works
- The prevalence of ground lease aggregators in CALA
- Whose balance sheet is at risk from ground lease aggregators?
- Why buy the land under your own towers?
- How to protect the land under your most valuable towers
While ground lease costs remain the primary operating expense for tower networks in CALA, in most markets, lease costs are a pass through to the tenant. However, we have started to see some MNOs seeking to share lease costs with their towerco partners, while other towercos have sought to acquire the land under their most…