Read this article to learn:
- What is an ESCO and how do they help reduce power opex for telecoms?
- The role of ERP systems in plotting and comparing sites, and in tracking performance against SLAs
- How to re-engineer cell sites with excess shelter and generator capacity
- The need for partnerships to drive value and accelerate universal access initiatives
- Why opex at a site can increase by 50-60% as you move from well connected urban areas to remote, off-grid rural sites
Orun Energy can demonstrate spectacular cost savings at a single outdoor and three indoor sites in the remote mountainous region of Rajasthan, India, where they’ve have been able to reduce diesel consumption by 86-92%. We asked Orun’s founder Kwabena Rangi Smith for his advice on how to achieve similar opex savings in Africa… TowerXchange: Where…