Read this article to learn:
- The ‘homework’ operators should undertake to prepare a proper data room
- The tax qualification of tower leases
- How delays can occur in the licensing of towercos
- Whether tower transactions should be structured as an asset transfer or as the acquisition of a newco
- Are MNOs willing to sell assets to towercos part owned by their competitors?
Most potential tower transactions that come to market in sub-Saharan Africa eventually close. But the most common complaint is the amount of time it takes to close the deal. Webber Wentzel, a truly African law firm, has considerable knowledge of African towers having, amongst others, secured finance and advised on bids for IHS Africa. TowerXchange…