Read this article to learn:
- How country risk and reduced ‘proof of concept’ concerns defines the pool of investors with an appetite for emerging market towers
- What investors are looking for in terms of returns and management experience
- Is there pressure to deploy capital?
- Factors that determine leaseback rates
- Comparing the investibility of sale and leaseback with BTS opportunities, and comparing Africa and LatAm
Daniel Lee, the ‘rainmaker’ of emerging market towers, helped Africa’s private equity backed towercos raise their early rounds of capital. He also led the sale of the vast majority of tower transactions in Africa to date, advising mobile operators such as MTN, Millicom and Cell C, whilst working at Citi, whom he left last year…