Read this article to learn:
- New tower build in China before and after the issuance of 5G licenses
- How much of the densification requirement for 5G will be delivered by small cells on street furniture, as opposed to by new macro sites?
- What proportion of network capex will be deployed indoor instead of outdoor?
- New capabilities and competencies: from energy to IBS, edge computing and fibre – provision of contiguous, low latency network-as-a-service
- Restructuring towercos to serve a new breed of tenants emerging to take space on our towers: from IoT to sensors and advertisers
There are already over 100,000 5G base stations deployed in China. By the end of 2020, there are likely to be over a million 5G base stations in the country – more than the rest of the world combined. The relatively young Chinese tower industry had been remarkable for the pace and volume of new…