Read this article to learn:
- The different tower ownership models being considered in MENA
- What are the drivers for MNOs for retaining a captive towerco?
- How to overcome the governance issues of captive-towerco models
- The financial and operational constraints of MNO-owned towercos
- The likely trajectory for shared infrastructure business models
As we know, the Middle East and North Africa is the region least penetrated by the towerco business model globally, and decisions made by MNOs over the next few years will dictate who ends up as the ultimate owner of MENA’s 275,104 towers. Zain has opted to sell and leaseback its towers with IHS Towers,…