Read this article to learn:
- An examination of the valuation and structure of the deal
- Why IHS has been able to secure 56% of Nigeria’s towers
- How IHS will invest US$500mn into upgrading the towers and power systems
- What does this mean for the 15,000 more towers Nigeria needs?
- Implications of the MTN and Etisalat Nigerian tower sales for the remaining Airtel towers
Congratulations to IHS Africa on the acquisition of one of the most attractive tower portfolios in emerging markets! The deal sets records as Africa’s largest tower transaction to date in scale (9,151 towers) and deal value (around US$1.8bn), securing some of the most valuable towers in Africa for IHS, at a cost of around US$200k…