A) Focus Group: Data collection and utilisation
An invitation only session for MNOs and towercos relevant to those in both operations and finance functions. Vendors must be event sponsors or exhibitors to qualify. To enquire about how to get involved please contact Rebecca Symonds: email@example.com
- High level summary of key take homes from 2019’s series of global working groups
- Presentation of the newly derived taxonomy for data collection and utilisation
- Discussion of the top 10 key requirements for data systems and how stakeholders are working to address these. The list of requirements for discussion is still being surveyed however preliminary themes include:
- Integration: which processes are managed by a single system? What processes would you like to add?
- Automation: what are people doing today and what new capabilities are being worked upon?
- Inclusiveness: which teams, clients and suppliers can access the platform
- Future proofing: Is your existing system fit for purpose as the towerco model diversifies into new service lines?
- Appraisal of third party systems: what functions would be valuable add ons? Where have they fallen short?
- Creating a clean set of data: Experiences and choices when transferring between systems
(B) Focus group: Site resilience and site power in a 5G world
An invitation only session for MNOs and towercos with additional industry experts invited. Vendors must be event sponsors or exhibitors to qualify. To enquire about how to get involved please contact Rebecca Symonds: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Configuration of massive MIMO and how this affects power supply
- Power site upgrades required to deal with massive MIMO – rectifiers/ breakers
- Antenna evolution: what will be on sites in five years’ time and futureproofing power set up for this
- Driving energy efficiency and reducing power costs in a grid connected world
- Site resilience as a service – is this valued and a strategic differentiator? Is it worth the effort?
- Edge data centres and how this will affect power planning
(C) Municipality focus group: How to deploy and manage network infrastructure in smart cities
The use cases of 5G in a smart city concept are endless, creating a far-reaching subject for municipalities to try and get their heads around. Approached by so many different stakeholders, this session will offer a non-partisan focus on the underlying infrastructure required to realise smart city visions and the different partnership models and technologies available to muncipalities to achieve it. The session will also provide an opportunity for infracos to better understand what a municipality needs.
- Examination of policies and initiatives put in place by major European cities
- Partnership options available between MNOs, infracos, cities and businesses
- What do municipalities need to do to promote the more efficient rollout of network infrastructure