Read this article to learn:
- Who owns Peru’s towers and what are the prospects for further tower transactions?
- Operational challenges permitting and building towers in Peru
- License obligations requiring rural coverage drive demand for power as a service
- Who is best placed to provide cell site energy, MNOs, towercos, ESCOs or MSPs?
- MNOs call on “solution-orientated” towercos to accelerate rollout
At the 2015 Peru round table at the TowerXchange Meetup 2015, reference was made to The Ministry of Transport and Communications calling for an increase from 9,000 to 22,000 cell sites by 2018. Two years later, the country’s tower count is still less than half way to the Ministry’s target. Why? This report derives from…