Read this article to learn:
- The telecom legal framework of Brazil
- The proposed law 5.013 and how its approval would change the current tower legislation
- Active players in the legal arena and their role: Ministry of Communications, CONAMA and SindiTelebrasil
- Brazilian 4G requirements ahead of the 2014 World Cup
- How many new towers are needed in Brazil?
At 8,511,965 km², Brazil is the 5th largest country on earth and, with over 260 million connections, the fourth largest mobile market in the world. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that the Brazilian tower industry is expanding at a very swift pace. But what is the legal context in which telecom and tower companies…