Read this article to learn:
- The three different RANsharing architectures
- The need for a regulatory environment conducive to active equipment and spectrum sharing
- Should lease pricing be tenant-driven or antenna-driven?
- RANsharing case studies from Analysys Mason’s recent engagements in Asia
- How RANsharing affects the dynamic between MNOs, towercos, OEMs and subcontractors
RANsharing could be the next generation of infrastructure sharing, unlocking even greater capex and opex efficiencies than tower sharing. In order for the adoption of RANsharing to progress as swiftly as possible, every stakeholder should benefit from those efficiencies. For example, independent tower companies have paid US $billions to acquire passive infrastructure from MNOs. The…