Read this article to learn:
- The shape and size of mobile market in Mozambique and how this compares to the rest of East Africa
- The relative market shares of Mozambique’s three MNOs
- The status of 3G and 4G deployment and fibre rollout
- Key regulatory developments in the telecoms sector
- The number of towers and MNO attitudes towards infrastructure sharing and tower divestment
Mozambique has the fifth largest population of the East African countries, but ranks only tenth highest in mobile penetration. The entrance of Movitel in 2012 caused a dramatic shakeup in the market, with the MNO rolling out significant infrastructure and become the number one operator (ahead of mCel and Vodacom) within just a few years….