Read this article to learn:
- An introduction to the different technologies enabling IoT, and the implications for what needs to be mounted on towers and at what height
- The economics of IoT versus cellular and what it means for tower owners
- Should towercos become a service provider to service providers?
- How many sites are needed to build IoT networks, and how many are live today?
- Shifting paradigms: from a focus on QoS in densely populated areas to ‘good enough’ wide area rural coverage
You’ve probably read a lot of articles about use cases for IoT – this isn’t another one of those. TowerXchange spoke to IoT guru James Brehm about the infrastructure requirements to deploy, for example, 250,000 IoT sites in the U.S. alone. Is IoT an untapped greenfield opportunity for towercos? And if so, will towercos be…