Read this article to learn:
- The number of small cells, their spacing and the length of fibre required in a 5G world
- Known key features of 5G as we await a final definition
- Use cases of 5G and their bandwidth, latency and data requirements
- The complementary role of fibre and wireless in 5G
- How network architecture and fibre protocols will change
- The importance of the infraco in a 5G era
Whilst the potential use cases of 5G remain widely spoken about, less airtime has been given to how underlying infrastructure will need to adapt to meet the demands of 5G networks. In this white paper, the FTTX Council Africa examine the role for fibre in 5G and how this will complement other forms of infrastructure….