Read this article to learn:
- Who owns the towers in Malaysia’s competitive, mature mobile market?
- How many new towers are being built in Malaysia and by whom?
- The increasing role of ‘special structures’, DAS and BTS hotels in fulfilling demand for urban infill sites
- Are Malaysia’s State-backed towercos acquirable?
- The status of fibre and LTE rollouts and forecast demand for new towers needed for 4G
A culture of infrastructure sharing has existed in Malaysia since the turn of the millennium when the MCMC licensed over a dozen State-backed towercos, one stop agencies to permit and build towers in their respective States. Fast forward to 2014, after the consolidation of Malaysia’s MNOs from five the three, and Malaysia was host to…