Read this article to learn:
- Why towercos are cautious about diluting their core business model
- The urban infrastructure innovations towercos are exploring: smart poles, IBS, small cells
- Dabbling in semi-active equipment: BTS hotels and ‘network as a service’
- What is the ‘right kind of fibre’ for towercos? And what do they want it for?
- How will antenna configuration change in the 5G era?
It may have been the effects of the warm early spring weather in Barcelona, it may have just been that towercos only attend Mobile World Congress to explore innovations, but TowerXchange encountered unprecedented appetite for business model diversification from our community members attending MWC19! The appetite of forward-thinking towercos has progressed beyond “tyre kicking” to…