Read this article to learn:
- How the network densification required for 4G and 5G translates into PoS, for example driving deployment of “City poles” and leveraging existing street furniture
- Towerco iDAS and oDAS deployment examples
- Why fibre is a critical component of small cell plays in some countries, less so in others
- When will towercos add small cells to their catalogues and roll out in high volumes?
- A comparison of the economics of small cells versus macro cells
In urban environments, the majority of new telecom sites are added through the construction of microsites, or by leveraging existing street furniture, often to deploy small cells rather than macro cells. While some towercos retain a focus on the green field macro network (and there’s nothing wrong with that – margins are proven), an increasing…