Read this article to learn:
- American Tower’s motivation to protect their position in South Africa by delaying prospective new entrant competitors
- How Eaton Towers were able to out-build ATC South Africa by a factor of 10:1
- The prospects for larger scale sale and leasebacks in South Africa
- What next for Eaton Towers?
- 2016: the year of towerco consolidation
With most of the region’s most investible MNO towers already sold, the wave of towerco consolidation continues in SSA. With the acquisition of 300 towers but, more importantly, the acquisition of Eaton’s elite South African management team, American Tower has reinforced their competitive position in the highly attractive yet under-penetrated South African market, as rumours…