Read this article to learn:
- Airtel’s history of selling towers in Africa
- Growth projections for the Tanzanian mobile industry
- Who owns Tanzania’s 8,800 towers?
- Details of the recent tower sale in Tanzania including deal value, tenancy ratios and forecasted revenue for American Tower
- How the transaction will affect the country’s build to suit market
On 21 March, Bharti Airtel announced they had reached a deal with American Tower Corporation to sell their 1,350 Tanzanian towers. The deal, which is expected to close in H1 FY16, had a purchase price of US$179mn, representing an average cost per tower of US$132.6k. Under the terms of the agreement, Airtel will be the…