Read this article to learn:
- Has the Ethiopian telecom reform process stalled?
- Is there political support for independent towercos in Ethiopia?
- How many towers are there really in Ethiopia?
- How many towers are planned?
- What is the new timeline for reform?
Reports through the summer painted a contradictory picture of the reform process in Ethiopia. At the end of June, the Ethiopian Communications Authority (ECA) announced it had received eleven valid expressions of interest in the two new mobile network licences and had consulted extensively on the entrance of independent towercos to support network roll-out. By…