Read this article to learn:
- Voltalia’s vision to minimise LCoE while fostering local development
- The three challenges ESCOs must overcome: contracts, autonomy and regulation
- What happens at the end of an ESCO contract?
- How the ESCO model must be adapted as cell site energy loads vary
- Which ESCO business model works best for telecom?
The ESCO (Energy Service Company) proposition is finally building some momentum in telecom, with the number of cell sites with power managed or provided by ESCOs doubling to over 20,000 in 2016. One of the leading and most credible proponents of the ESCO business model, and of renewable energy for telecom, is Voltalia, a €125mn+…