Read this article to learn:
- How BTC is funded, and how the cost of debt decreases as the scale of towercos increases
- Building to sell; building in unique locations, choosing structures with capacity for four tenants, transferrable leases
- How many towers Brazil has today, how many are needed to achieve Anatel’s coverage and QoS objectives, and what is a realistic timescale?
- Why BTC is focusing on macro towers rather than Brazil’s demand for indoor and outdoor DAS
- BTC’s tenancy ratio and the proportion of their revenue that comes from non-traditional carriers
Brazil Tower Company (BTC) has built over 300 towers, primarily in Northeast Brazil, and is ahead of their growth schedule, forecasting having a portfolio of 1,000 towers by year end 2015. In TowerXchange’s exclusive interview Dr Chahram Zolfaghari, BTC’s CEO, discusses building, buying and ultimately selling towers in the high demand Brazilian market. TowerXchange: Please…