Read this article to learn:
- The terms of the XL Axiata-STP deal, and why it made sense for both parties
- TowerXchange’s estimated breakdown of tower ownership in Indonesia
- As independent towerco markets mature, how do lease prices evolve?
- Will the XL-STP deal create pressure on lease prices in Indonesia?
- STP’s innovations in micro-poles, fibre and DAS for 4G
XL Axiata has announced the sale of 3,500 towers to PT SOLUSI TUNAS PRATAMA (STP) for US$460mn, with an initial term of ten years, realising a healthy return of US$131.4k per tower. Reports suggest XL’s all-in, fixed price leaseback rate is just IDR10mn per month (a little over US$800), significantly below the market lease rates…