Brazilian tower industry is facing its toughest year yet
TowerXchange is part of the Delinian Group, Delinian Limited, 4 Bouverie Street, London, EC4Y 8AX, Registered in England & Wales, Company number 00954730
Copyright © Delinian Limited and its affiliated companies 2024

Brazilian tower industry is facing its toughest year yet

brazil-flag.jpg

Why organic and inorganic growth has slowed, and what it means for investors in Brazilian towers

Back in 2013, TowerXchange estimated that independent towercos owned around 32% of the 140,000 towers in CALA. By 2014, those figures rose to 41% of 148,000 towers. Although estimated, these figures showed an impressive growth both in terms of towerco penetration and portfolio growth across the region. In 2015, the percentage went up just 1% to 44% (over 156,000 total sites) and to date, almost at the end of Q1 2016, we think that towercos own approximately 45% of CALA’s 165,000 sites. In 2013-14, inorganic growth of the tower industry in CALA was driven by Brazil. In 2015, organic growth in CALA was driven by Brazil.


UNLOCK THIS ARTICLE

The content you are trying to view is exclusive to our subscribers.

To unlock this article:

Subscribe Login
Gift this article