The Reliance Infratel sale saga continues
© 2024 TowerXchange is part of techoraco, techoraco Limited, 4 Bouverie Street, London, EC4Y 8AX, Registered in England & Wales, Company number 15236387
Copyright © techoraco and its affiliated companies 2024

The Reliance Infratel sale saga continues


An update on the ongoing process to bring Reliance Communication’s towerco to market

The latest round of rumours of the prospective sale of Reliance Infratel started in Q2 of 2015 and with a shortlist of potential buyers leaked later that year in August, Reliance Communication’s sale of its towerco subsidiary Reliance Infratel (RITL) has seen many twists and turns in the intervening months; these include a failed period of exclusive negotiation, the emergence of a new potential buyer, and then a merger announcement between Reliance Communications and Aircel.

Reliance Communications (RCom) owns a 96% stake in RITL with the remaining 4% stake owned by minority and institutional investors including George Soros’ Quantum, NSR Partners, Galleon, HSBC Daisy Investment, Drawbridge Towers, Investment Partners B and New Silk Route.


The content you are trying to view is exclusive to our subscribers.

To unlock this article:

Subscribe Login
Gift this article